Thank you for your interest in our website and in our company, “Netzeffekt GmbH” (“we”, “us”). We are highly committed to protecting your personal data and to respecting your privacy. In order to keep you informed about the scope of the collection and the use of your personal data when visiting our website, www.netzeffekt.de (“website”), please take note of the following information:
The data controller for the processing of your data in respect of our website is:
Netzeffekt GmbH, Agnes-Bernauer-Straße 90, 80687 München
Telephone: +49 (0) 89 4161464 0
You can contact our Data Protection Officer by sending an email to:
2. Anonymous data collection
In general, you can visit our website without telling us who you are. We neither collect the name of your internet service provider nor do we keep track of the website you are coming from or the name of the requested file.
3. Processing personal data
When accessing our website, we collect and retain the IP address assigned to your computer in order to transmit the requested content of our website to your computer (i.e. texts, images, games and product information as well files that are available for download, etc.). In this context the legal basis is Art. 6(1)(b) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In addition, we process data in order to detect and prosecute misuse. In this regard, the legal basis is Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR. Our legitimate interests in the processing of data are to ensure the proper functioning of our website, as well as the transactions carried out thereon.
In addition, we collect and process information about the use of our website, such as the type of browser used, as well as the date and time of the website uses. We also process such data to optimize our website and offers, as well as for market analysis. The legal basis is Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR. Our legitimate interests in processing such data are based on being able to offer you a needs-orientated and optimized website according to the devices used. You are not obliged to provide us with your data. However, without your data we won´t be able to perform the mentioned services.
4. Applicant data
You can either apply to us by mail or email or via our contact form on our website at https://www.netzeffekt.de/karriere. In that case, we only process your data solely for the purpose of the application process. The legal basis is Sec. 26(1) of the new Federal Data Protection Act (“Bundesdatenschutzgesetz/BDSG-neu”).
The recipients of the data are exclusively the persons involved in the application process.
If your application is rejected, the retention period is six months beyond the completion of the application process. This retention period is based on any possible assertion of claims in accordance with the General Act on Equal Treatment (“Allgemeines Gleichbehand-lungsgesetz”/”AGG”).
With your consent we may agree to a different retention period. Consequently, the legal basis is consent, Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR.
You are not obliged to provide us with your application data. However, without your data we won´t be able to process your application.
6. Use of Google Analytics
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity for website operators and to provide other services related to website activity and internet use. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if required by law or as far as third parties process this data on behalf of Google. In no case, will Google link your IP address with other Google data.
You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, we point out that in such case you may not be able to use all the functions of the website to its full extent. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above. You can object to the collection and storage of data at any time with effect for the future. Our contact information for the objecting can be found on our copyright page. Alternatively, you can use the Google Analytics opt-out add-on (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en), if it is available for your browser.
Please note that this website uses Google Analytics with an IP anonymization extension and therefore IP addresses are only further processed in an abbreviated form in order to avoid direct references to individuals.
The use of Google Analytics is based on our legitimate interests in a needs-based design, the statistical evaluation and efficient promotion of our website and the fact that they are not overridden by your legitimate interest. The legal basis is Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR. You are not obliged to provide us with your data. However, without your data we won´t be able to provide the aforementioned services.
7. Your rights regarding the processing of personal data
Upon request, we will provide you with access to your personal data at any time. You are also granted the following rights if the legal requirements are met:
- Right to rectification of your personal data in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR where they are inaccurate.
- Right to erasure (“Right to be forgotten”) of your personal data without undue delay where certain grounds apply in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR. This may be the case if your personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, as well as in case of unlawful processing, of an objection or for compliance with a legal obligation to erase.
- Right to obtain restriction of processing if certain grounds are met in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR. In particular you have this right when the accuracy of your personal data is contested between the user and us; for the period that is required to verify the accuracy of the data as well as where the user opposes the erasure of his or her personal data and requests the restriction of the use of his or her personal data instead. Further, in the event that the data is no longer needed for our intended purposes, but they are required by the user for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, as well as where the successful exercise of the right to object is still contested between us and the user.
- Right to object to processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR that is, inter alia, based on Art. 6 (1)(e) or (f) GDPR. We will no longer process personal data, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or your establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Right to data portability according to Art. 20 GDPR: you have the right to receive the personal data with which you have provided us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit that information to another controller, i.e. another service provider. The prerequisite for this is that the processing is based on consent or a con-tract or the processing is carried out by automated means.
Should you wish to exercise your rights as described above, please contact us as controller of the website as follows:
Telephone: +49 (0) 89 4161464 0
You can contact our Data Protection Officer as follows:
8. Other data use
Further processing or use of your personal data generally only takes place if permitted by applicable law or if you have consented to the processing or use of data.
Where there is further processing for a different purpose than the one for which the data was originally collected, we will inform you before carrying out this further processing for another purpose and we will provide you with further relevant information.
9. Data erasure
In general, we delete or anonymize your personal data as soon as it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which we collected or used them as set out in the preceding clauses, unless further storage of your personal data is required to comply with legal obligations.
10. Automated decision-making or profiling
We don’t use automated processing for the purposes of decision-making or profiling.
11. Automated decision-making or profiling
Should you think that the way we process your personal data is unlawful, you have the right to lodge a complaint with our competent supervisory authority, which you can contact as follows:
Bayerisches Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht
Promenade 27 (Schloss)
Telephone: +49 (0) 981 53 1300
Telefax: +49 (0) 981 53 98 1300
12. Automated decision-making or profiling
Last updated: March 2018